Monday, April 21, 2008

Why I like Search Marketing

I just had a eureka moment about why I like search marketing. I was reading an article from last year's Marketing Pilgrim's scholarship contest.

Part of the post talked about how search engines are all about people and how they are trying to create search results for what people are looking for in order of preference.
It stands to reason, then, that someone who is an expert in how people think and what motivates them would be an ideal choice for creating a campaign to build search engine ranking.


Considering I focused on social psychology and how people become persuaded during my undergrad, and a tri-focus on marketing,technology and business for my graduate work, OF course I would be drawn to search marketing!

In order to develop online partnerships and link building relationships for instance, you need to investigate that site/person's personality and motivation, and that's the part of the equation where I get to use my social psychology background.

I had to share because it was such an eye opening moment for me.

1 comment:

The Attleboro Post said...

isn't it nice when things come together like that? it makes perfect sense! you really have to get into the heads of people in order to design a good system for them. of course!