Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Church of Scientology Creates a YouTube Channel

As many of you know, I'm morbidly fascinated with the dangerous cult called The Church of Scientology. It was created by a science fiction writer who is quoted as saying "I think I'll create a church, there's a lot of money in that", and they believe that they need paramilitary training to defend the earth from aliens. They also have killed many of their own church members who have tried to leave the cult. There's a great article from an ex-Scientologist on Orato.

It's COMPLETELY a cult, not a religion, and frankly I think folks should work harder to dismantle the cult just like they are doing with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. For more fascinating reads about truth of the cult of Scientology, you should read Operation Clambake.

Anywho, I find it fascinating that the Church has set up a YouTube Channel youtube.com/ChurchofScientology - I'm not going to link to it directly, because I don't want to be associated. Check it out though - they've dismantled all of the community sharing features and commenting. I had no idea that you could do that. Because you know that I headed over there to leave a negative comment, and alas- no dice. They are using YouTube to push their message, and to squelch any dissent. Just like they do in the courts as well.

Did you know that the cult of scientology has murdered, but has not been charged with murder for any of their former members who have died? They have an amazing amount of $ (collected from their members) to pay for legal teams...

No comments: