Monday, November 12, 2007

Funny Search Suggestions from Ask.com

Pulled this from Inside Google, and it made me laugh, so I had to share.

Ask’s Strange Search Suggests

Crave and Gizmodo are laughing at some of the strange search queries being suggested by Ask.com’s suggest feature, which suggests complete or longer queries as you type in the search box. They’ve got examples like:

* “is it legal to”, which suggests completing that with “marry your second cousin”, “own a penguin” or “sell a kidney
* “can you” :: “freeze cheese”, “get pregnant in a hot tub”

Clearly, some of Ask’s users have some strange things in mind. Here are some search suggestions I found, with the suggested part in bold:

  • why did Jeeves retire

  • why do i never see baby pigeons? (answer: because pigeons don’t leave the nest until they are almost as large as adult pigeons)


  • why does my eye twitch

  • why does asparagus make urine smell

  • why does my belly button hurt

  • why does my urine smell (perhaps you had asparagus?)

  • i wanna to be anorexic


  • how to knock someone unconscious

  • where is my liver
Go ahead and give it a try...see what Ask.com suggest for you. :-)

No comments: