Saturday, October 13, 2007

So You Think You can Dance Tour

Yes, I'm so addicted to the show that I caught the tour last weekend in Baltimore. The dancing was amazing. It was great to see some of the new choreography - the breaking piece was great. It was also fun to see some of the pieces from the show in real time - clearly the dancers are enjoying performing those pieces now that they know them so well.

I haven't been to a previous SYTYCD tour, so I'm not sure if they normally keep it a show of all the dancers, but there wasn't any unique highlighting of Sabra (the winner) except for the solo that she performed. Though all of the top ten got to perform a solo. Watching her dance is amazing - she makes it look effortless and gives 200% of herself to her dancing every time. Pure talent.

I should have realized that the crowd would be like seeing a New Kids on the Block concert, the audience for the show is largely teenage girls, but the high pitched screaming was shocking. It was a great show to see with my friend Nick, who has taken dance classes and could chat with me about the outstanding technique.

Ultimately, it made me want to get back into more classes now that my knees are able to handle more volume. And I'll definitely get tickets for next year's show.

No comments: